Blisters are a painful lump, which can cause severe discomfort to your feet. The common causes of blisters come from the friction and pressure from wearing the wrong kind or size of shoes, damp socks or intense activity using your feet. If you are wanting to avoid any of the pain which comes from blisters, try following these following steps to prevent them.
Choose Shoes that are the Right Size
If you are wearing shoes that either too small or too large, this can be one of the key causes for blisters. To make sure that your shoes are the correct size you should take the following steps:
- Try on the shoes and make sure there is a half-inch space between your big toe and the end of the shoe.
- Walk around in the shoes and make sure that they feel comfortable and that you don’t feel any rubbing.
- Try have shoes which are rounded at the front, this prevents your toes from squeezing together and getting sweaty.
Try Get High Quality Shoes
When purchasing shoes, many of us would try to get shoes which offer the best value for money. However, when you compromise on price, this can often mean that the quality of the shoes are not very good and this can cause serious discomfort. Therefore, it can be a good idea to look towards brands such as Antony Morato or Nike as these are designed with the best materials that offer optimal comfort.
Break Your Shoes In
When you first purchase a new pair of shoes it can be a good idea to try break them in by wearing them for short periods before you wear them for a prolonged period of time. By wearing them for a short period of time (20-30 minutes) this allows them to mould to the shape of your foot and makes them more comfortable when you wear them for a full day.
You may also like
- How to Avoid Injuries on Skateboards
- Pain on Inside of Knee, Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis, Treatments and Preventions
- Causes of Pain on Side of Foot, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Preventions
- Sweaty Feet Causes, How to Cure, Stop, Best Socks, Shoes & Remedies for Sweaty Feet